Divorced on notary paper, can I remarry ?

i am seprated with my wife with a mutual sepration bond with having it notarized in front of a lawyer since last 3 years i am not in contact with her since than and she also didn't contacted me i want to know that what to do for getting remarried

Answers (5)

285 votes

First tell me that from which religion you belong?
Because there is in india, marriage is governed by religious laws and special marriage Act.
As so far your query about the authenticity of notary public agreement, there is no such divorce is allowed in India.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

60 votes

Prior to remarriage you have to obtain decree of divorce from competent court , because motorised separation paper has no legal sanctity and therefore till today your status is married.Hence no valid marriage can be performed during during subsistence of earlier marriage.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
85 votes

hello dear
if your previous wife is not litigant, you can get married.
as you are divorced with mutual consent which means that there is no any judicial matter which is yet to be solve
so you can get married
my regards are with you
thank you

93 votes

Sorry but this is not valid divorce in the eye of law...or we can say you and your wife never get divorce so if you both want to live together then no problem...if you want to marry someone else then you have to file divorce mutual consent or single any one can file before getting married again someone else....

295 votes

No there is no legal validity of this document.
Only after divorce u Can remarried. If u wife can't want to live with u then You both file a joint petition for mutual divorce under Hindu Marriage Act.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles