Divorce related information in kolkata

I have done love marriage after 6yrs relation. After marriage my husband and my inlaws started misbehaving with me for various things.i left them and and started leaving in a different city and got a job .they started forcing me to leave the job or else give a divorce.when I have not left the job my husband started giving suicide threats to come back.now I told them to give a divorce but they are denying that we want you back and we dont want to give a divorce. I dont want to go back .please help me what I can do now.

Answers (3)

143 votes

You can file a case under section 498a of IPC
Thus, an FIR for an offence under section 498a can be registered in the local police station of your area against the husband/his relative. Apart from this you can file divorce petition before the court also by stating all the facts You can further consult a lawyer who has professional experience in dealing with the cases of domestic violence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

349 votes

If you are determined to give divorce then you should file for a divorce without waiting further . You have to elaborately explain in your divorce petition the reasons for which you want divorce because Indian legal system gives more stress in saving marriages.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
309 votes

it needs proper planning before you need to throw the right things upon them, you can sure get divorce but ot is a time consuming one proper planning will help you win the battle tecnically and pressurising them to settle plus they are avoiding ot fearing payment of alimony that is the only reason for all this is going against you

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles