Divorce on grounds of adultery can I reopen the case

I had initiated a case of divorce after sufficient proof. However to severe family pressure withdrew on the first day of hearing (Feb 2012). We are both brahmins (aged 55 & 47 yrs) married under HMA. Now I find it a big mistake. Can I reopen the case OR file a fresh case on the same grounds?

Answers (3)

A fresh petition has to be filed and old case cannot be reopened. It I can be filed on the same grounds as urged in the earlier petition and also new grounds which have arisen subsequently. Adultery is difficult to prove but desertion ground if available will be easier to prove.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

On what reasons was the petition withdrawn to refile or not pressed. U have ro file fresh petition for divorce since a new cause of action so file fresh. How about children, r u working how then how. So think about future and mov

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

You can file a fresh suit on a new cause of action, even if it on the same old grounds. There is no bar to it. But the proofs you provide should be of a degree believable by the Court, Are you living together now ?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Mane aj se 7 year Pehle love marriage ki thi kya m divorce le sakta hu because us ladki ka character thik nhi h…

Read More

Hi, My entire family is extremely worried about my sister who is going through a very difficult marriage. Its been a year but her husband has not cons…

Read More

i got marrige 3 years ago.when i was in 10th stander.my father filed a case on my husband and his family. but i support to my husband and he won the t…

Read More

Hi There My grandfather, Sikh Khatri, belongs to Gujranwala Pakistan and settled in Kanpur after partition. At that time those Sikh Khatris follow sam…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue