Divorce case going on for 5 years

My husband has domestically abused me and my children and has also indulged in an extra marital affair, as proof, we have a bundle of love letter sent to him during the time we were married. We filed a case at 2012 but the case has still not been resolved. My lawyer seems to be ignorant and incapable, however I am not sure. I need legal advice on this matter as there is a lot to talk about and fitting it all into a question is not possible. Please help.

You have not stated the nature of case that you have filed in 2012, It seems it is a suit for maintenance because your children are also parties in it. You can consult other advocates here to guide your advocate.

If you have filed a divorce case then find out the stage of your case and what is the progress and you can check the same by visiting the court's pending branch or when on your case next hearing date. Check with your advocate why it is causing so much delay in the case. You could have filed domestic violence case simultaneously and police compliant under 498 if he is too much troublesome and whatever you have stated is true. You can change the advocate if you are not happy by engaging other advocate.

I suggest you to concentrate on the Main case rather than filing interim applications during the proceeding of the case. I also suggest you to talk to your advocate to expedite your case by taking short adjournments.

Madam,

Please attend the proceeding and see what is the real problem in dragging of your case. Please confirm is the delay is caused from other side.

Some time there is may be no sitting due to lack of judges or in-charge court judges not hearing the matter. These are basic problem is going in the proceeding.

Please go to the office of the court an see the order sheet . It reflect each and every day proceedings.

If there is a intentional delay from other side or other reason you can approach the High Court seeking direction for speady disposal of the matter. I hope court may order for the same.

Please proceed.

Madam, ur case is going on for 5 years and if ur thinking and not happy with the lawyer u can change the lawyer by receiving a no objection certificate from lawyer and give the case to other lawyer, u can ask for meditation and settle the matter fast.it depends upon ur case and what all documents u have filed in the case.