Divorce case going on for 5 years

My husband has domestically abused me and my children and has also indulged in an extra marital affair, as proof, we have a bundle of love letter sent to him during the time we were married. We filed a case at 2012 but the case has still not been resolved. My lawyer seems to be ignorant and incapable, however I am not sure. I need legal advice on this matter as there is a lot to talk about and fitting it all into a question is not possible. Please help.

Answers (5)

You have not stated the nature of case that you have filed in 2012, It seems it is a suit for maintenance because your children are also parties in it. You can consult other advocates here to guide your advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If you have filed a divorce case then find out the stage of your case and what is the progress and you can check the same by visiting the court's pending branch or when on your case next hearing date. Check with your advocate why it is causing so much delay in the case. You could have filed domestic violence case simultaneously and police compliant under 498 if he is too much troublesome and whatever you have stated is true. You can change the advocate if you are not happy by engaging other advocate.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

I suggest you to concentrate on the Main case rather than filing interim applications during the proceeding of the case. I also suggest you to talk to your advocate to expedite your case by taking short adjournments.


Please attend the proceeding and see what is the real problem in dragging of your case. Please confirm is the delay is caused from other side.

Some time there is may be no sitting due to lack of judges or in-charge court judges not hearing the matter. These are basic problem is going in the proceeding.

Please go to the office of the court an see the order sheet . It reflect each and every day proceedings.

If there is a intentional delay from other side or other reason you can approach the High Court seeking direction for speady disposal of the matter. I hope court may order for the same.

Please proceed.

Madam, ur case is going on for 5 years and if ur thinking and not happy with the lawyer u can change the lawyer by receiving a no objection certificate from lawyer and give the case to other lawyer, u can ask for meditation and settle the matter fast.it depends upon ur case and what all documents u have filed in the case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hi there, I married in 2 May 2015 year. I born in village and I m only 1 boy of my parents. Now I m working a private hospital in very low salary 1200…

Read More

Mam I hav a problem one of brother is Christian and he had married a Hindu girl with many problems, at temple. When they came to the village the villa…

Read More

I've been fed up of my life married life my husband doesn't treat me well ..doesn't take me out for dinners or parties I have doubts that …

Read More

Can a husband file a divorce, he found her wife's affair and prove in the court?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue