Divorce as husband and inlays behaviour changed after marriage

I got married in 2014 n in 2,3 months husband n inlaws behaviour drastically changed they want me to handover my whole salary to thm n to do all household work befre going office n after cuming if i dnt want to continue job thy say thy dnt hv money to take care of my food n evrything husband want divorce, wen i filed a complaint in dcw n demanded my expenses now husband behaviour chnged n now he said he will nt gv divorce and will also nt stay with me he nt allowing me enter home n nt giving me divorce. He said he will gv only 2 lac as allumni nothing more or else wil nt gv divorce. Pls suggest sumthing this is big trauma fr me. I had pregancy bt due to so much wrk load n torture misscarraige happned.pls gv me solution now he started giving m warning tht he cn take divorce without me n will nt gv a penny of my expnses in marraige. His mom has also debarrded his name from her property so now wat action ahould i suppose to take coz in DCW centre also he never appear on dates for couseling.

Answers (4)

309 votes

Dear Client !
You may file a Complaint case under section 12 of the Protection of Women against Domestic Violence Act-2005 in the court and simultaneously you may also send a notice under section 9 for the Restitution of Conjugal Rights to your husband,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

126 votes

From your query it is not clear what does your husband do. Anyway, you should first approach your area Police station and file a complaint of cruelty by your Husband and his relatives explaining the cruelty meted out to you with specific incidents that has taken place at your matrimonial home. Secondly, your husband cannot get divorce in your absence so the threat your husband is extending is useless. However in order to understand the complete facts of your case one needs to have a meeting in person, so, you will need to see a lawyer and seek his advice in detail. Lastly, if the property from which he is debarred by his mother is not acquired by mother herself then she cannot debar him from that property.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
267 votes

Madam I am sorry to hear this that you are suffering so much. I would like to suggest you that you should file a criminal complaint under domestic violence against them. In this complaint you can ask for interim maintenance, permanent injunction in respect of your stay at home. In this case they have to appear before the Honble Court, because court will send the summons to your husband and in laws as well. This is the best option you are having right now. Regards Aakash Mittal Advocate.

205 votes

DCW is nothing but a mediation cell for counseling for husband abd wife. After reading your story i can understand what going on with u but the proper course is to approach the court of law and to make a claim before the appropriate forum

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles