declaration suit of divorce for a couple migrated to a foreign country

An Indian couple after getting married in India migrated abroad and are now citizens of that country. Now they both are divorced mutualy. they want to register there divorce in India also and finish there marriage completely. how can it be achieved.

Answers (3)

336 votes

It can be filed in India, if marriage is solemnized in India it can be divorced in India. Both have to come once India to file the mutual divorce, and on same day your first motion statement also would be recorded and thereafter matter would be posted for next six months for final statements of parties but it may be condone just after one month.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

287 votes

If the couple has already got divorced abroad and if same is not disputed and both parties are agree to divorce, there is no need to apply for divorce in India separately. You just need to place the foreign court divorce decree before appropriate authority before whom u want to establish your divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
175 votes

They have to make an application for divorce with mutual consent before magistrate.for.more than one year they qre living seperate from each other and then after considering the facts court will decide to grant divorce

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles