Court to issue summons to wife for returning the settlement amount

I paid 10 lakhs alimony before 1st motion. 15 lakhs pending. Dint attend 2nd motion and in between I agreed for re-union. around 16 months, the judge dismissed case "Nature of Disposal: Contested--DISMISSED FOR DEFAULT". Can i pray to court to summon wife to give me back my 10 lakhs? thanks, husband

Answers (2)

344 votes

It is between you both now as you have not agreed to the settlement and the same was ended in compromise and reunion how is the court liable in between to get the amounts returned back to you. You can ask your wife for return of the same if she is not then you have to file a case separate for recovery of money form her as the agreement entered is cancelled.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

141 votes

Since the court has disposed of the case as dismissed for default(non appearance of parties), you are entitled to claim your 10 lakhs money in the event of your wife either
a) Not cohabiting with you OR
b) Not granting you divorce.
You are also entitled to apply for divorce once again(which the courts are duty bound to grant) if there is separation between you and your wife since the date of 1st motion.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles