Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Clarification on the alimony husband is liable to pay on divorce

Court has grated me order to pay RS 3000 to my wife and RS 500 to my daughter per month in the case of section 125 filed by my wife. I have filed section 13 in court which is in progress. Will court ask me to pay alimony money again while giving divorce.

Answers (3)

On the above-mentioned queries you have to pay permanent alimony to your wife for the lifetime after divorce. But of your wife remarry after the divorce decree then you will not liable to pay the alimony.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Divorce suit would be decided alone. Alimony will not be awards in the suit for divorce. Maintenance would be decided and fixed in case of 125 crpc. You are being directed to pay interim maintenance. Reat will be decided when the suit for maintenance will be decided.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Yes..Court can.alimony is different than maintenance amount..Infact if your wife is not earning , then she can also file an application under section 24,asking you to pay for the litigation in divorce suit..

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

he was married already, i want my marriage null and void immediately…

Read More

divorce and how can I change nominee name for majority of my properties and get it saved from my wife and inlaws. If I am dying before the divorce wil…

Read More

I am married since 7 years and have a 6 year old kid. Me and my wife don't stay together in the same room since 6 years but we stay in the same ho…

Read More

I got married 4 months back n my husband n his family behaviour hasnt been good. Also he could not establiah physical relation with me. We have filed …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue