Clarification on grounds for mutual consent divorce

My husband asked me for divorce aftr 1.5 months of our marriage.I m also willing to give him divorce as I want hastle free divorce. I need to inquire that should both parties have to hire lawyer or as my husband asked me for divorce so they should hire lawyer? Awaiting ur valuable response. And wat are the criteria for mutual consent divorce according to hindu marriage act,1955.? Thank you..

Answers (4)

66 votes

Yes in case of mutual consent divorce petition there should be 2 advocate one ll represent ur husband nd others for u. Nd the minimum time for mutual consent divorce is 6 months.
Time required for filing of mutual petition is 1 year

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

191 votes

Yes you will have hire a lawyer in order to get a divorce. It is very tough to get a divorce. However, courts grant divorce by mutual consent readily. You will have to hire a lawyer to represent you in court. Courts always try to explore the possibility of compromise so there has to be someone representing who will complete the pleadings of the court and do necessary work

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
214 votes

Ya advocate is required by both parties as at the time of recording statements in court they r to be identified by their respective lawyers so that no fraud is played with the Court & the criteria is that case gets finished in two dates / 2nd motion as terms r already settled between the parties.

112 votes

If there is everything settled in between both of you then no need to worry single lawyer may also appear on your behalf, but it is better if saperate lawyers appears on both your behalf.

Both lawyers will identify you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles