Clarification on cruelty as a ground for divorce

Me hindu hu or meri sadi ko ek saal ho chuka haii ,bt mere husband ne jo cruelty base pe jo divorce file kiyaa hai kya usme hme divorce mil jayega,me apne riste ko bchana chahti hu kisi bhi halat me .mere husband ne apne ko or apne pure privaar ko ye kh kr bcha liya hai ki me unse bar bar dhmki deti rhti thi ki me unhe fsa dungi ab me kya kru plz help ..

Answers (5)

190 votes

when husband can file a divorce case on the basis of cruelty:

1- Wife filling false complaints and making wrong allegations on the husband and his family members.

2- Demanding separate home and demanding the husband to live away from his parents. 

3- Making false allegations of adultery.

4- Wife denying love and care, acting like deadwood, NON participation @ rituals, deserting husband are all cruelty.

5-Wild, reckless baseless allegations of impotency.

6-  Falsely alleging that she was forced to sleep with father in law , writing to employer to get husband dismissed etc are cruelty.

These are some grounds for cruelty and burden of proof is upon husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

265 votes

So basically he has filed a petition for divirce under the ground of cruelty.. and to get fivirce under cruelty he has to prove the facts written on his in he has to prove many things which prove thag cruelty has done.. and by your complaint his family members can be taken to court on the ground of dowry demand and physically harrasment... and if you want to live along with your husband you can file a petition under section 9 for restituion of conjugal rights and send the matter to mediation for further discussion
I hope you are satisfied .. if you want any other help pls feel free to call me

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
274 votes

Don't worry jb tk consent na ho dono parties ke divorce nhi ho skta.... And aap apne case ko matter ko mediation me settle krwa le phir consent se withdrawn kre... Aap court me bol skti h mai divorce nhi lena chahte mai rhna chahte hu

56 votes

Cruelty ke naam par divorce mil sakta hai magar unhe cruelty ka saboot Dena hoga. Agar aapne galat vyavahar nahi kiya hai toh wo divorce nahi de sakte. Magar mamla court mein hai. Is liye aapko sabit karna hoga ki aapne cruelty nahi ki. Uske liye aapko ek vakil chahiye. Uske bina aap kuch nahi kar sakti. Aur aapko case bhi ladna hai. Aap akele kuch nahi kar sakti. Agar aap aisa nahi karti toh wo divorce dene mein safal ho jayenge.

302 votes

Kindly hire an Advocate ASAP and file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights stating the facts and circumstances of your situation and how you would like to safe the marriage.
Hope this was helpful

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles