Clarification of rights of woman in divorce matter

What are my rights if I seek a divorce?? Married for last 11 years and have a daughter

Answers (3)

230 votes

You may move an application for maintainence in the court under the provisions of hindu marriage act or crpc. Even, you may claim your stridhan from your husband and you may claim your and your daughter's share in all properties of your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

253 votes

You can file for divorce under the Hindu law, Cristian law or Muslim law to which ever religion you belong to.
In case there was violence against you by your husband and family members you can also file a complain under D.V Act & I.P.C.
You can also claim for Maintainence for yourself and for your unmarried daughter.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
319 votes

U have wast right if your are a woman otherwise u will suffer this is the great remedy for your case just file a case against your husband and win by check and mate this is the only solution for yoursjhk

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles