Case to be filed against husband for threatening the kids

My husband and I got married through the Special Marriage act. We have been living separately from the past 6 years. I have two kids (Boy Age 9 + Girl Age 8) who have been living with me all this while but couple of months back my husband took them along with him and is now threatening me and my kids that he will send them to a govt school as he does not have money to take care of their expenses. I want them to study in the private school as they have been. What kind of case can i file against him ? and also how can i apply for Divorce too...

Answers (2)

94 votes


You can file a case for divorce seeking custody of the children and also for maintenance.

You must start preparing the proofs you will submit later and the list of people who maybe your witness in the case.

For the process a lawyer can help. Feel free to consult me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

207 votes

even though your husband has an equal right on the kids as you but he cannot do anything to their detriment. the interest of the child is paramount and cannot be compromised with. the legal cases will depend on the facts and circumstances but you have various legal remedies available at your disposal

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles