Can I request mediation before replying to divorce notice

I have received a legal notice from court asking to appear and file reply against the divorce petition filed by my husband. Can I request a mediation before replying to the notice..i hope if I apologize for the mistakes my marriage can be saved or is it compulsory to file reply before even mediation is ordered

Answers (3)

208 votes

dear client as per section 13 six months which is granted is for mediation only it's a good effort from your side u want to save ur marriage you can definitely request before the court for mutual settlement or you can sort directly out of the court settlement if you think ur husband will respond on ur apologies for further details u can contact us with your relevant documents for paid consultation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

269 votes

if you get a divorce notice by your husbands so you can solve your case in the centre of mediation to because if your divorce suit so before sending the court you must send your letter to mediation centre for reconciliation agreement your question is unclear please call me and your can get information

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
127 votes

hello you receive the legal notice from court asking and appeared to five reply against the type of petition from my husband you are request a mediation before applying to the noticed you want to apologize for the mistake to save your marriage for that we need to discuss your case

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles