Can I get a divorce if my husband harasses me sexually

Sir, My sisters daughter wants to divorce from her husband due to sex harassment after the marriage (by forced married the girl )doubtful her always, illegal sex with other omens in his house, frequently betting her , now she is severe UTERUS problem for the pat two years , she dont have support from her parents ,no income for the past years unable to maintain his criminal activity she left from her house and wants divorce . She is a Christian having two children.Church pastor also counselled no use.Kindly guide.

Answers (4)

234 votes

you can file a divorce petition before the family court under the indian divorce act on the grounds of cruelty and you can get divorce from your husband legally through court and also you can get maintenance for you and also for treatment

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

175 votes

Your sister's daughter is suffering a lot. It is better that she applies for divorce immediately on the ground of cruelty. She can file a petition for divorce with all the details of the sexual cruelty that her husband is doing to her. Why is she not taking any steps to apply for divorce. If she needs any further advice or assistance, she can contact me.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
100 votes

You can file a case against her husband and get maintenance for the children for their lively hood and for their studies and can apply for divorce and can try to get settlement also at the time of divorce.

127 votes

Such brutal act amounts to cruelty. The aggrieved spouse can institute a petition before the competent family court to dissolve the marriage. Where was the marriage solemnized? If it is within Chennai,

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles