Can a husband give divorce if wife is unwilling

Can husband get divorce while wife is unwilling to divorce Any reason or law supports men in such case. Man took more freedom and caught by wife multiple times but unwilling to reveal the reality if any relationship outside. He nvr shared passeord and never given money to survi al since marriage Wife do not want to divorce. In such case what will happen?

Answers (3)

278 votes

It is the duty of the Husband to maintain his wife. If he neglects to do so, then the wife is entitled to seek maintenance from her husband. You can file a petition under Sec 125 and seek maintenance from your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

175 votes

If husband files for divorce he needs to have strong proof to claim divorce most times if wife resist same the divorce will be rejected. If your not given any proper necessity by husband claim for maintenance under Section 125 Crpc

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
113 votes

Surely he cannot give you a divorce if you don't want to give him a divorce. Even if he is wanting to still you can contest it. Furthermore, you can put a case of adultery and cruelty against him.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles