Can a case of Domestic Violence be filed in a Live-in relationship

My boyfriend and I share a house for 2 years now. On multiple occasions he has hit me. A doctor has termed it physical assualt. Is it possible I can file a case over him? And can he sue me for mental harassment?

Madam,

Off course you can file a case against him, You have medical proof that it was a physical assoult. It is the best evidence .
He cant file a case against your for mental harassment. The grounds for divorce wont attract here unless you are married.
Please proceed immediately if you desire to file a case against him.

Yes you can file a case of domestic violence against your friend as physical assault and other together with this like mental torture, scolding in bad words etc can be filed, this are the basic grounds.

Question: My boyfriend and I share a house for 2 years now. On multiple occasions he has hit me. A doctor has termed it physical assualt. Is it possible I can file a case over him? And can he sue me for mental harassment?

Response --- Yes you can - As a matter of fact, you can claim maintenance also

Your relationship falls under live in relation. Hence you can file a complaint before police station for the said harassment keep medical certificate and any other evidences which will help for your claim. If he continues even after police complaint means you can file Domestic Violence case against him under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005 and Rules 2006. You should have evidences to prove that you are in live-in relationship with your boyfriend otherwise it is very difficult to prove the live-in relations before court.

Yes you can..! Any person hurting you include give a physical assault it's couse of death defenatly you can, even you have the right ask them compensation also, here you didn't mention clear details , we give you solution only on basis your question but you want clear solution you should contact any advocates thank you