Arya Samaj marriage, not registered, seeking divorce

Got married by Arya Samaj custom in July 2017. Didn't register the marriage the court. Due to unavoidable circumstances, seeking divorce from my husband but he won't agree. Didn't disclose marriage to individual families earlier and had been living as single only. Both are Hindu by religion. I (female) don't have proofs i.e. photos and certificate of marriage by Arya Samaj marriage but the boy has. He has been threatening me to release them on social media. Need urgent help.

Answers (2)

125 votes

I would suggest you it's only you that has to decide if u want to continue with the first marriage then also you have to tell your parents if not then also for support of your family at least to whom you can relay upon it would be better if you disclose this to the close relative who can put your feeling better to your elders if any problem arises you can mediate them through us also as an advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

325 votes

Dear Client,

You need to establish your marriage at the earliest, for the same the copy of the proof is same to be deduced from the concerned authority. Even of the marriage is not registered but the same is now solemnized. In case you need any other legal assistance do feel free to contact.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles