Alimony in separation can be demanded from my purchased property or no

Hello I got married in April 2017. Since then my wife is misbehaving with me and my parents on one issue or the other. Still it feels that my relationship can come to end any time as indicated by her behavior. I am a bank employee and want to purchase a house on loan. Pl advice in case of separation whether she can ask a share from that property too or may be ordered for the same.

Answers (3)

51 votes

Hello Good evening I'm Advocate Vivek Mishra according tot his statement Yes and No both are scene in which she can claim as she is your wife. well for more information you have to elaborate your query in proper way so that I can give you best advice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

91 votes

in the case of separation she can't claim on your property. however she can ask for the maintenance for her. if she is house wife or if she is working then depends on her income which should be sufficient in the eye of law. and can seek permission to live in same house as long as divorce is not finalised but can't claim on your property.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
221 votes

According to the Indian Laws if the husband purchased property from his sole financial contribution then he has full rights over this property and he make a will in favor of any person. Wife can claim her share..wife is only entitled to get maintenance amount. But wife can claim on ancestral property or if she made financial contribution in property purchased in the husband .
if you wish to get further information or clarification then please contact me

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles