Advice on marriage annulment case filed by husband

If my husband file a case to void marriage under section 12(c) which is with in one year of marriage.. I dont hv any child ? If he win the case by fraud means as it is said i am asthma patient but it was not revealed to his family before marriage but actually i dont hv any asthma.... Then can i claim for allimony ....our marriage was in month of may last year. ..2017... He dont hv any job.... How much can i expect from him in the terms of allimony and how long will i get ? Can i get all marriage expenses from his family ? As getting back gifts will be of no use for us can we money in place of the articles except jewelleries or streedhan ? How ?

Answers (4)

201 votes

You are suggested to strongly contest the petition of void marriage as it is based on false facts. It is sure to be won by you. You may ask for maintenance etc. during pendency of the petition. The amount of maintenance depends on the circumstances and financial position of parties. It is also better to settle the matter during mediation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

265 votes

Asthma is no ground to declare a marriage void. Moreover you do not even have it . Further you can very well claim maintenance and alimony. Also you can claim the expense or marriage and your jewellery. For further assistance plz contact me.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
291 votes

Your being asthma patient will not help you husband getting any relif but how ever if you are avatar to sex and cannot became a Mother and this fact was within your knowlage and you consil it would be good ground for annulment of Marriage.
If you Marriage is annulled you get nothing and if you are person of means then you have to compensate

246 votes

You have received summon if yes you need take services of good lawyer who can handle your case and advice you properly but one thing you may under stand that no can take divorce on the ground of Asthana

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles