Advice in case husband wants to nullify registered marriage.

I got my marriage registerd in june 2017 but now my husband says that he has not married me according to traditions and he wants it to be void. But he is doing mba and he stays in hostel he used to come in weekends to my house and stay with me now he says in petition that we have never lived together. I dont want divorce i want to live with him.he and his parents wants so much dowry.

Answers (3)

106 votes

Once he got married and got registered it is hard to prove that it is void, further you may be having photographs and marriage registration is sufficient, further you can file a case for restitution of conjugal rights where the court can direct your husband to live with you or join you to lead married life and can also dismiss his petition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

208 votes

Once the marriage is registered it is recognized nobody can cancel the marriage. The marriage cannot be nullified or cancelled without filing it to court , for nullifying the marriage -has to be done before family court within one year of your marriages and after one year regular divorce has to to filed.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
303 votes

You can defend the case stating your marriage has been solemnised as per your religion rites and customs and you can make the divorce petition to be dismissed for want of valid grounds for obtaining divorce decree from the court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles