Advice in case husband files for divorce without wife knowledge.

What should a woman do , when husband reject her and wants divorce from her. In this case , what is the law telling , because woman life got spoiled and damaged

Answers (3)

115 votes

If women don't want to give divorce then she can contest the divorce petition, even then court is come conclusion to grant divorce under such circumstances maintenance the court will grant maintenance to wife till her life or second marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

259 votes

When life is damaged then file suit for restitution of conjugal rights, domestic violence act against hi harass him in court later file maintenance case against him and take amount from him if an child file maintenance

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
125 votes

Hi...if you received the summons from the court you appear before thecourt and file a vakalath and take copy ofthe divorce petition from the court and court willgive you a time to file your objection to the divorce petitio Thank you

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My husband works at gurgoan live there on a room on rent. His parents are in sonepat and he forces me to live with them. I want to live with my husban…

Read More

Wife is in service at Gurgaon.There is no ID of Gurgaon .Can we file u/s13 b at gurgaon .My service is in Andhra.Religion Hindu.…

Read More

Divorce if husband is suffering from aids…

Read More

Hi, In a mutual divorce do both the parties have to declare their a. properties b. bank accounts c. any other assets? If yes, then at which stage ? …

Read More