How to file Complaints against Job consultancy

In Cyber Crime Law
I got cheated by a job career consultancy of Rs. 93,500 and they are not returning the amount. Now how to recover those money back.

Answers (3)

331 votes

Cheating has been made a punishable offence under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code. It states that whoever cheats another person and thereby dishonesty induces any person so deceived to deliver any property commits an offence under this section. The section punishes such a person with an imprisonment of a term which may extend to seven years and shall also be liable to fine.

How to file a complaint?

To file a complaint under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code you may approach the nearest police station that has authority over the area where the crime was committed. You can then ask them to register a First Information Report (FIR) against the accused and provide them with all the proofs regarding the case which are to be retained by you for later use. The proof would include any written conversation between you and the accused regarding the transaction, proof of transactions such as bank statements, call recordings of the accused accepting taking money from you, etc.

In case the police refuse to register your FIR, you can directly approach the Superintendent of Police or other higher rank officers such as Deputy Inspector General and Inspector General and they will either personally investigate your case or would direct a team to look into the matter.

What happens after an FIR has been registered?

Once your FIR is registered, the police will conduct an investigation based on the FIR, which may also include arrests of the accused. The offence under section 420 is a cognizable and non-bailable offence, which means that the police can make an arrest in such cases without a warrant. After the investigation is complete the police will record all the findings of their investigation and would make a charge sheet which will be submitted in the court. The charge sheet will state whether a case is made out against the accused and if substantial proof regarding the same has been found in the investigation or not.

You can also file a detailed criminal complaint against the accused stating all the facts of the case. It is recommended to have an experienced criminal lawyer with you during this step. He can guide you with the court procedure and can also draft and file the criminal complaint on your behalf.

How can a lawyer help you?

A case such as that of cheating is a complex issue to deal with in a country like India where there is a huge pile of criminal cases pending in the court of law. Criminal procedure in India involves various steps which would require you to deal with the police at numerous stages and would also involve going to court. This is why it is essential to have a criminal lawyer to help you through the procedure and to guide you with the best possible way to resolve the criminal issue. An experienced lawyer who is an expert in handling criminal cases can help you draft an effective complaint which can hold your case in the court on solid grounds and can also represent you in the court to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.

What happens if the issue is not resolved timely?

A criminal case in India is time-bound under the Limitation Act. In case the criminal complaint is not filed within a reasonable time after the occurrence of the offence, the court may not entertain your complaint and you may not even get a chance to ask for justice. Thus, it is of utmost importance that timely action is taken to resolve the criminal issue and therefore, it is advisable to take the help of a good criminal lawyer to help you through your criminal case.

320 votes

Dear friend ,
The issue cannot be shorted out the way u asking for , but it can be in some other way, therefore have to understand all the legal aspect and then choose what you feel best for you . Therefore do contact at our office for better legal help : Adv Pankaj Kumar & associate...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

240 votes

Hi, I believe the consultancy would have cheated many like you. You need to approach cyber crime police with evidences that you. I mean evidences are like., emails,phone conversations,social media communication, any agreement ... etc., . You can file criminal complaint against job consultancy.

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles