how to deal with threats on social media?

Sir/Madam , a private conversation as chat messages had occurred between my friend and a person say X on a social media platform. Question : Person X has threatened my friend of filing a threat case against him ? Can the following conversation , reproduced as is , be made basis of threat/extortion/66A of IT act ? Person X had been constantly abusing a specific community and hence my friend had following chat with him . " (My Friend)>>> Can you please share your address ? Or a place where you can meet ? kyunki tu to aaega nahi meri batai jagah because teri fat jaegi ...jara saamne ake debate kar , batata hu fir tujhe saare logic . (My Friend)>>> Lets meet somewhre for a proper face to face debate on this (Person X) ### Dhamki deta hai tu mujhe ? Dhamki ....mai bol ra delhi aa , mera baap milega tujhe (My Friend)>>> KIndly share your number , i want to discuss this topic with you.. " Please guide .

No, such conversation would not invite any prosecution/proceedings against your friend for making such comments or partaking in such conversation. However, your friend must be careful while expressing his views on social media platforms as they can be moulded to give a cognizable color.

This is nothing. Don't worry about it. this is just a heated discussion which happens all the time in internet without any penal consequences. In any case, if anything happens, contact me,I will help you pro Bono.

Thanks,
Vivek

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Hello client hru.
I have read Ur query .
Ur saying that by the use of social
Media a trend of abusive language as well as a threating is to been going on in Ur friends matter in this manner with the help of social media Ur are been harrassed as well as direct threats are also been given to you.