quesBoyfriend threatening to upload personal photos What action can I take

I have a relationship with a guy but I m not married but that I have some photos with him where I put sindur and have some intimate photos with him so by showing this things he wants to prove that we r married in the court by gandharva vivah. Is it possible

  • ansHi,

    It is a criminal case of Extortion, if he demands you to stay with him or fulfill his sexual desire.
    However, it is an offence also under Information Technology Act for "Publishing images containing sexual acts" and "Publishing offensive, false or threatening information" for which he will be sentenced to imprisonment for 2-5 years and with fine also which may extend to ten lakh rupees.

    Advocate Sohit Choudhary

      Saket Court, Delhi

  • ansYou have not disclosed that what you wanted and what kind of threats he is giving? If you wanted to get rid of him then its easy. If you wanted to take back your all of article along with break your relationship with him that is also possible .
    Thanks and regards

    Advocate Anand Verdhan Maitreya

      Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Cyber Crime lawyers in India

Similar questions

My Mother-in-law is blackmailing me that she will post my pictures on Facebook that if…
Hi , I recently found that a Facebook account is crated by an unknown with…
If I commit any types of cyber crime related to any types of social sites…
Case already in women cell. wife lodged another complaint for hacking her whatsapp. what to…

Cyber Crime Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Dhruv Banerji

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 4 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly