Boy stalking even after blocking from social media

2 months ago a guy messaged me on facebook asking for my contact no. and i blocked him. now just two days before he is massaging my friends asking for my no. I really don,t want to talk to that guy what should i do..

Answers (5)

Hello Ma'am

Really sorry to hear that but there is no need to panic. Believing that you reside within the territorial boundaries of Delhi, I would request you to kindly call the Anti-Stalking Helpline at 1096 or Woman Helpline at 1091. Just narrate your complaint to the attendant, and share as much information as possible about the stalker (like his phone number, name, address; Facebook may prove handy in finding out such details). Your complaint will be dealt with professionally and in a time bound manner.You do not have to visit any police station or meet anyone. Your identity will be kept secret.
Believe me, in more than 99% cases, a stringent warning in the form of a call or visit from an officer of the nearest Police Station is enough to send the message across that repetition of such an act would lead to dire consequences and thereby invaribly puts an end to such uncalled-for behaviour by the accused.

Hope this helps!
Do contact me if you need any further assistance/information.

Adv. Akash Kumar Upadhyay

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Ur facts falls under the definition of stalking which is provided under section 354D Indian Penal Code.... you can file complaint against the guy at nearest police station...punishment is 3 years jail for the stalking offence

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Hello client
I have read Ur query as per which you are in problem due to a guy is trying to find out your contact number after your refusal and as you have blocked tht guy on social media also but still tht guy is trying to find out Ur contact in this case you can take contact details.

The act committed against you is the offence of Stalking as defined under section 354D. Of Indian Penalty Code. It reads as follows:

"354D. Stalking.—(1) Any man who—

(i) follows a woman and contacts, or attempts to contact such woman to foster personal interaction repeatedly despite a clear indication of disinterest by such woman; or

(ii) monitors the use by a woman of the internet, email or any other form of electronic communication,

commits the offence of stalking:

Provided that such conduct shall not amount to stalking if the man who pursued it proves that—
(i) it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime and the man accused of stalking had been entrusted with the responsibility of prevention and detection of crime by the State; or

(ii) it was pursued under any law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any law; or

(iii) in the particular circumstances such conduct was reasonable and justified.

(2) Whoever commits the offence of stalking shall be punished on first conviction with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine;
and be punished on a second or subsequent conviction, with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years, and shall also be liable to fine."

The offence mentioned in the query is covered by Sub section (1) of section 354D,.

Sub section (2) of section 354D provided the punishment for the said offence.

Legal Remedy:

1. You will have to approach the Police station under whose jurisdiction the offence has been committed with a written complaint.
2 The said complainant should reveal:
(i) the identity of the accused / offender;
(ii) detailed description of each act of the offence eg. Date, time and mode of - attempt to contact by the accused / offender; act on your part showing clear indication of disinterest; each attempt on part of the accused / offender to contact you after such clear indication of disinterest; name of each friend through whom and the method used by the accused / offender in an attempt to contact you.
3. You will have to insist and get a FIR registered by the police.

Note: Although approaching the police station with a written complaint is not mandatory, it is the most prudent thing to do under the circumstances mentioned in the query.


Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

An unkonwn person misused my SIM with the help of airtel executive in a week after I submitted request for disconnecting my postpaid SIM. The number w…

Read More

I am divorcee and single mother. i hacked my husband's account to take out information regarding income tax. Will this amount to cyber crime ? And…

Read More

This case is 3 months back. He is a lawyer himself. He and my friend had a breakup. After that, the boy is threatening my friend to come again in to r…

Read More

My credit card has been used for international transactions without any OTP by some people and now card balance is 0. i have registered complaint with…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue