quesWhat happens if i knowingly purchase a stolen product?

my husband purchase a scrap material of batteries from a person but that product was stolen from a company,but the company owner is in jail,i.e. done by a third party.he is thief,but nw police arrest my husband wat to do now

  • ansHello I have read your question and I fully understand so I suggest you to meet any advocate personally and ask because in this matter only deel personal and that legal advisor prepare your matter accordingly that surcumstancess .

    Advocate Veerendra Kumar Awasthi

      Civil Court, Kanpur

  • ansShow them a purchase receipt in which you might had paid-up tax believing and entrusting upon the worth of the product you bought from the local shop/vendor/retailer/distributor/online sale etc-etc or any mode.
    as GOI is promoting the e-mode transactions thus you have any e-receipt/bills paid up are enough document to prove the purchase.
    further contact,please feel free.

    Advocates Priyanshu Maheshwari

      Arya Nagar, Ghaziabad

  • ansThis is an offence toto knowingly purchase a stolen property.you should apply bail application of your husband .and face the trial .and in the mean time try to meet the person who register the complain if he is ready to close the case then he will give statements on the time of evidence and your husband will be free

    Advocate Lubna Ishrat

      Sector 61, Noida

  • ansYou have to prove with evidence that you were not aware of the fact that it was a stolen property , you should justify your response other wise its a crime , alsi depends upon status of person from whom u perchased.

    Advocate Anurag Bhati

      District Court, Noida

  • ansFile a case in high court for quashing a fir against your husband . And write a complain against investigation officer . You file a case under 482 crpc high court have ingredient power for do anything

    Advocate Markanday Singh

      George Town, Allahabad

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Plz tell me a girl of age 16 have relation with me she came to…
Hi, Few months back a person came to our house and started abusing my parents…
I have filed a dowry case against my in laws 8 months before and charge…
Hi, This is regarding a false 498A case that is falsely imposed on our family…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly