Want to file for dowry case while mutual divorce is already in court

Mutual Consent is going on. He gave post dated cheque, now he is dragging to pay cash. Can i file dowry case while MCD first motion?

Answers (4)

226 votes

1. whether you had entered cheque payment for your permanent aluniny in mutual consent if not
2. dobt attebd for adjournment date. you attend only after receiving amount. if no money received
3. then u file maintenance case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

119 votes

If your husband has not paid monies, you can withdraw the consent given in MCD at the time of first motion.
Better to explain to the court first that the husband has not honoured the terms of MCD.
MCD claim is NOT dowry and hence you cannot file a dowry case now.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
345 votes

you can file, but when the matter reached to compromise issue in amicable matter, why will you try to get complicated, try to settle the issue amicably, if not, then proceed and you can also entitled to file Maintenance case also apart from other marital disputes.

162 votes

Dear Madam,
In your case is routine to the courts.
you and your husband filed mutual divorce. In that petition have you mention the cheque amount which was given by him.
you already filed mutual consent, now you are ready to file dowry case. on what basis you are going to file such a case against him?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

In one case the familys sitts in panchyat ..the decicion not come ..but the other party makes maffi naama the person dined to do sign that all u have …

Read More

Hi, I filed an FIR on my uncle when he physically fought with me and my dad. The charge sheet is yet to be filed by the police. Recently I am planing …

Read More

Hi, My dad applied for a new passport in Coimbatore, TN by surrendering his old passport he got in 1995 which got expired in 2015. There were 2 police…

Read More

There is a rape victim. Her statement under 161 and 164 has been recorded. Non bailable warrant has been issued. Can police again ask for the victim&#…

Read More