Section 377, 498a both on my whole family, how can I save myself

29-Jun-2023 (In Criminal Law)
My wife has filed 377,498a both on my family, she has no medical reports of 377, it was a trap from her to charge more money from me. She go to hotels with me even before marriage. I have proof. And I buy all the household items as she insisted to live separately after 6-7 days of marriage. Can wife charge 377 on husband without medical reports? Or 498a without evidence? And what’s the process of bail ?? As I am from Punjab. She filled FIR in Lucknow. Please help
Answers (5)

Answer #1
526 votes
377 of ipc that is unnatural offense bye its name connates that's a Grave injury as well as physical and mental assault has been committed upon the women furthermore bashing besing of the women by you, to has been executed. . 498A also connates that your family member and you were committing barbaric and inhuman atrocities upon her,if she refuses to get her medical examination consummated or done,she will ex facie be culpable and that will tantamount in you establishing your innosense.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Answer #2
852 votes
dear client as per your query I can only suggest that if you have proper evidence which is in your favour do file a proper and detailed parawise reply to their petition giving each evidence date wise for future paid consultation please contact us with your relevant documents.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
869 votes
You have told in your problem that a case under Section 498 377 IPC has been registered against your entire family by your wife in Lucknow and you belong to PunjabBoth of you have a matrimonial dispute and the woman who imposes Section 377 along with Section 498 is mostly a lie, in such a situation you will get remedy from the High Court
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
936 votes
dear client,
if your wife could not give any evidence regarding the section she has leveled against you then police remove such sections during investigation. secondly in the present circumstances of your case you can file anticipatory bail application in the court of session or directly in High Court. for further legal assistance feel free to contact me
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
977 votes
on the above mentioned query the legal opinion is that your wife can file FIR against you and your family under any sections like torture, sexual abuse, domestic violence and dowry primarily. no evidence required for filling FIR.

In this concern you can file a writ petition for quashing of FIR in the high court. if the court not quash the FIR, but they can direct the lower court for same day release on bail of the accused.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."