Procedure to file for cheque bounce case.

MY HDFC BANK BASE BRANCH IS IN DHARUHERA,HARYANA BUT MY RESIDENTIAL ADDRESSMENTIONED IN A/C IS IN FBD, 2 CHEQUES BOUNCE IN FBD HDFC BRANCH , SO CAN I FILE COMPLAINT IN FARIDABAD COURT? OR I HAVE TO FILE IN DHARUHERA COURT? PL HELP

As per the recent law the case can be filed in Dharuhera only but you can file the case in Faridabad also. For the same you need to have conference with the cheuqe and account details first.

Manoj Kumar Sharma, Advocate

Yes you can file the complaint in the faridabad.
In the metter of the cheque bounce case complaint file in the area of where the bounce of cheque. No metter where your bank branch located. You file the complaint area of chaque bounce branch located.

Yes u can file case in faridabad. First u have to sent legal notice within one month of cheque bounce, after that u can file case. Second hire a good lawyer, people mostly hire those kind of lawyer who do not have knowledge.

Complaint under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments act can be filed before the court having jurisdiction of place, where your bank situates, in which you maintain your account. Bank means bank branch.

So you would need to file complaint at court having jurisdiction over Dharuhera.

Alternately if situation allows, you can get the cheques deposited again, in a bank, where your base branch is situated in faridabad, and accordingly file complaint at faridabad courts.