Police refuse to file case of harassment against wife & children

My Sister who is around 40 years and two kids are under torture by her husband.He joined hands with his parents and put her in severe problem.He has made her and her kids in helplessness condition.Local police got corrupted by him and refusing to file case against him.What to do?

Answers (4)

337 votes

>she may file compliant through concern Jurisdiction Magistrate as private complaint as 498A, U/S 200 C.R.P.C .
(through an Advocate.)
>she may file compliant as DVC at District protection Officer.
>she may file as Writ Petition in High Court for register crime- COURT WILL GIVE Direction to concern SHO .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

200 votes

Sir, if the police os refusing to file case or FIR you can directly file a private complaint in the court. there is no necessity that your sister only has to file a case even you can file a private complaint on behalf of her

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
257 votes

Nothing to worry if police refuse to cooperate with you still you can file a private complaint before Magistrate along with the copy of Complaint you submitted to police along with acknowledgement of complaint (if you have any). The Magistrate will look into the facts and will order the police to investigate the matter and report back to him. Retain competent Advocate in your area. Best of luck

340 votes

hi according to your query you can take this matter to the higher officials of the police they will direct them to take necessary action or you can file a private compliant in the local court also. and more over police does not have any right to refusing the complaint so consult with your local advocate and register the compalint with the help of the advocate. for further assistance you can call us at any time.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I used to go to Radha Soami satsang in Delhi. I went there for 5 years. There I learnt that Baba Gurinder Singh Dhillon has spiritual powers. I learnt…

Read More

Im from Jaipur Rajasthan and my wife is from Aligarh up.498 a case is filed by my wife in aligarh.Im going to attend date of 498 a on 16-10-17 with my…

Read More

1. Y gets stay order at High court 2 Police files B report against FIR filed by Y and issues notice to Y asking him to appear before a court other tha…

Read More

My question is very simple,what can be done when i know that police in on the side of criminal and threatens me with illegal detention and false impli…

Read More