Need information regarding bail

IPC 408 My friend work as a delivery boy in blue dart express in Mumbai. But he make a mistake that he picked up the couriers from hub on 12 Nov 15 for delivery but can't deliver items and ran away from there with goods to his village in utter Pradesh. After that police Lodge complaint against him in IPC 408. After 2 or 3 months Mumbai police go for arrest him but he can't be arrested. Then now in March 17 police again came his home for arresting him, but again he will not arrested. The courier prices is 2 lakh But now he want to clear his case. So please give the suggestion what should he will do? After surrender or arrest for how much time he will be prisoned? Is it possible that he return the whole sum of money instead of couriers? Is he will be released on bail? Now he live a simple life of teacher from last 2 years? Is it possible that he can't be arrested only fined rupees?

Answers (2)

161 votes

This offense is punishable with 7 years with fine. Further this matter is cognizable and non-bailable.
Only option remains - As this matter is compoundable, you can speak with blue dart legal team, if they are ready to withdraw the case, then only case will get withdrawn before the Magistrate court. but for that your friend will have to surrender before the court, and blue dart must co-operate to withdraw the case.

Expert Jurist LLP

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

286 votes

Hello Sir/Madam,
Your friend did a wrong thing but if he wants to settle it he can do it by paying the same amount of money which is equal to courier packages he had taken. If your friend is arrested he will get a bail by giving a bail bond as this is a non cognizable offence which is bailable. I may suggest tell your friend to meet a good criminal lawyer before going ahead with the matter. I hope my answer will help you if it did do leave a good comment on my profile.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles