Need information regarding bail

IPC 408 My friend work as a delivery boy in blue dart express in Mumbai. But he make a mistake that he picked up the couriers from hub on 12 Nov 15 for delivery but can't deliver items and ran away from there with goods to his village in utter Pradesh. After that police Lodge complaint against him in IPC 408. After 2 or 3 months Mumbai police go for arrest him but he can't be arrested. Then now in March 17 police again came his home for arresting him, but again he will not arrested. The courier prices is 2 lakh But now he want to clear his case. So please give the suggestion what should he will do? After surrender or arrest for how much time he will be prisoned? Is it possible that he return the whole sum of money instead of couriers? Is he will be released on bail? Now he live a simple life of teacher from last 2 years? Is it possible that he can't be arrested only fined rupees?

This offense is punishable with 7 years with fine. Further this matter is cognizable and non-bailable.
Only option remains - As this matter is compoundable, you can speak with blue dart legal team, if they are ready to withdraw the case, then only case will get withdrawn before the Magistrate court. but for that your friend will have to surrender before the court, and blue dart must co-operate to withdraw the case.

Expert Jurist LLP

Hello Sir/Madam,
Your friend did a wrong thing but if he wants to settle it he can do it by paying the same amount of money which is equal to courier packages he had taken. If your friend is arrested he will get a bail by giving a bail bond as this is a non cognizable offence which is bailable. I may suggest tell your friend to meet a good criminal lawyer before going ahead with the matter. I hope my answer will help you if it did do leave a good comment on my profile.