Legal remedy as police not taking proper action against a rape case

In Criminal Law
My helper's 5 year old daughter got raped the police just acted like investigating and it's been 4 months and the culprits have not been arrested yet, when ever made call they just say we are working, and they hvnt even given fir copy to the victim's family. What can be done now??

Answers (5)

148 votes

It's mandatory to lodge FIR under POCSO act. Denial by police is an offense. You contact CWC of ur area and give complaint to ilaqa magistrate of ur area. Moreover you can give written complaint to women cell and take receiving.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes

You need to approach the relevant authorities:-

1. SP Police
2. IG Police
3. CM Window
4. National Commission for Women

You need to send a written application to all the departments stating the facts of occurrence and if possible visit them personally.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
50 votes

You can approach the higher officer i.e Supritendent of Police or I.G or you can file spplication on CM Window or you can approach media. It is very serious matter they will definetely take the action.

346 votes

If the Police of Concerned Police Station is not taking any action, you can approach senior Police officers like DCP/SP of the area and lodge a written complaint with his office. Despite lodging of the complaint, if the Police do not take any action, you can get the FIR registered through Court under Section 156(3) Cr. P.C. by filing a complaint. it would be better, if you take the services of some expert means a lawyer to advise you in the matter.

292 votes

it is complainant's right to get fir copy and for police it is mandatory to a copy of fir to complainant/victim. as far as arrest of accused is concern , you can approach to illaqa magistrate for case stutus report. thankyou

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles