Legal remedy as police not filing FIR for a case of forgery

I had given a written complaint against my father with proof that 23 years ago he had forged my mother's signature and mortgaged my mother's property and taken a bank loan, due to which under stress my mother died. Now i have given proof of forgery - Signature verification document from an institute. But the police has not filed an FIR against my father, who should i connect with if they are not filing an FIR, because if he has done crime he must be punished.Who should i meet to get the FIR done ?

Answers (3)

Thanks for writing to us
We like to know in-depth details about your said cases, we like to know entire details of ur first and second cases ' withthat we like to know how ur father cheated your mother


Santosh Suryarao

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Client,

In the current circumstances, you will have to file a private complaint before Magistrate Court. Court after hearing your plea, will direct police under section 156(3) of CRPC to registered appropriate FIR.

Kindly visit any of the empaneled Advocates of LawRato for correct and precise advice.

Expert Jurist LLP

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

IF police is not written your FIR then you have hired some lawyer they will go along with you once and if they will not write your fIr then you have file a complaint under section 156(3) crpc directly to jurisdictional magistrate

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

so i am charged with 20B with amount less than 100 grams and was bailed out of police station what will happen when summons come now will be only be f…

Read More

I got govt job in2016 i had resisterd one case in 2013 but cour dismiss this case in 2014 and now my department want police verification list but they…

Read More

There is a website promised to give particular monetary return for review of different products. I made my account and worked but did not get any peny…

Read More

I have been accused in a 498A matter where the investigation has been malicious and tainted based on such investigation a chargesheet has been submitt…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue