Legal remedy against harassment by in laws

Hi, I am an Hindu girl aged 32, from Hyderabad, got married in 11 Nov 2017. My husband is from Bangalore, after marriage I shifts to there any law by which I can stay with husband with my in laws away from us. There are lot of details.which I can't explain here

Answers (4)

320 votes


In the present circumstances, the best remedy would be to take separate accomodation away from your in-laws. For this, your husband must be willing to shift to a separate place away from his parents. Therefore, talk to your husband and convince him for taking separate accomodation. If talks with your husband fail, you can file a domestic violence case and get a protection order against your in laws and further, you can also file a petition in the family court for restraining your in laws from interfering in your family life. However, resorting to these provisions must be the last resort.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

64 votes

hi according to your query you did not stated the reasons why your intention is that you does not want to stay with your in laws if they are harassing you then file a complaint in the police station and they will take the necessary action but according to supreme court guidelines that daughter in law can not insist their son to live separately and coming to next part that you did not stated the reasons because case differs from case so for further clarifications you can contact us at any time.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
257 votes

Unfortunately there is no law to prescribe that husband should stay away from his parents and co habit with your wife separately.
However you can use mediation and reconciliation either thru family elders and acheive your goal of staying separately and away from your in laws.

345 votes

Without full details it is tough to explain or answer your query or say any query to that effect. Every matter if explained in detail would be easy to answer and understand your issues. Better discuss your issues in details and talk to lawyer in personal if you are not able to explain here. Your issues will be answered only when we understand your problem.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles