Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal procedure & formalities required to withdraw a case registered

Hi Sir, There is been a case registered on me by sister in law due to some property issue under the sec 324,323,504,34 in the year 2016 & its not heard case. Now as the property matter is sorted so my sister-in-law is ready to withdraw the case against us. What is the procedure required or formalities is required by her?

Answers (3)

All these are non compoundable offence and can't be settled amicably. The PO or the IO will keep chasing you and the matter will be in court for hearing. One option is filing a criminal writ petition in high court for quashing of FIR and charge sheet with sister in law 's consent. We need to check the charge sheet fir etc filed in court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

That's good decision made by sis in law. She should be write an withdraw application and submitted by her advocate into prefer court.so settlement will be caused and court give an order thet said matter has been mutually settled and charge,allegation will be discharge against you. but now it's totally depends on your sis in law application of settlement and withdraw

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience

If the issue is resolve between complainant and accused in that case Criminal case having less than 3 years of punishment can be compounded and settle in Lok Adalat. As you have mentioned the sections of IPC are eligible for settle the issue as I suggested.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

i got engaged in march 2018, in starting girl is good but after sometime i find difficult to adjust myself with girl. then i decided to cancel the eng…

Read More

I am writing to you i. Hope to find help for my friend Javed who is in Dubai. Javed had taken loan a year back and has missed paying 2 emi. Duniya has…

Read More

My wife committed suicide due to her personal reasons (She didn't left any letter for reason) but my father in law given a fake complaint against …

Read More

FIR made by a person against the stolen of Jewelry. Complainant mention the name of suspected person (maid servant, cook etc.) in the FIR. A notice se…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue