×

Legal action against physical &mental; torture by father

I 'm 25 years old ,and my younger sister and i both are regularly torture by father either it mentally torture or verbal abuse,and sometime its also physical torture. what is the procedure.

Can you please provide more details regarding type of torture, members in your family, social status of Family, father and also the mental status of your father etc. Only then any proper advise can be given.
In normal case you can approach Local Police or Court with a written information/Complaint describing the incident/incidents.

DEAR SIR
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FILE A CRIMINAL CASE AGAINST YOUR FATHER IN WHICH YOU ARE REQUIRED TO GIVE ALL THE ILLEGAL ACTS DONE BY YOUR FATHER AGAIANT YOU AND YOUR SISTET.
ON THE OTHER HAND YOU MAY MOVE BEFORE THE LEGAL MEDIATION CENTRE WHO MAY MEDIATE THE MATTER BETWEEN YOUR FAMILY.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore

Would advise you to consult a psycologist and take your father for medication / yoga etc. If the tortures are not controlled, it is better to leave the place and claim partition if it is ancestral property. You can also file criminal cases

Dear Sir
For the torture being inflicted upon you and your sister, you have a remedy under the Indian Penal Code by making a complaint to police or to the jurisdictional CJM. In addition, your sister can also make complaint under the Protection of Women from Domestice Violence Act, 2005.
Regards

you can file a case againist him under section 506 ,323 IPC also if refuses to maintain your sister or yourself.you can file a case of maintenance under section 125 Crpc provided either you or sister should be suffering from disability on the other hand if neither of you are disabled you can claim maintenance under section 18 read with section 20 of Hindu adoption and maintenance act