Legal action against husband for domestic violence & physical abuse

Can I take the help of the police to enter Husband house ? Husband beat s me and used flower pot to injure me on my hand because the food was not properly cooked ...he forcibly threw me out of the house i went 3months back ...He did not open the door ....

Answers (5)

133 votes

Go and file complaint within local police station and take medical certificate from civil hospital. And book him under penal provisions. If Police don't take action file private complaint within court. Having remedy for accommodation under D.V Act. Also maintenance under CrPC and DV Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

133 votes

Yes you can go to police officials .. also can file criminal cases against your husband ... also can file domestic violence case against your husband for maintainance and house & compensation .........

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
282 votes

You can lodged an complaint in the police station for domestic violence and I'll treatment. Secondly you can file a criminal suit against ur husband and you can enter ur husband house when ever you want but you can remove your stuff only after court orders

256 votes

You have to lodge an FIR against your husband for cruelty under the provisions of Indian Penal Code and also you can make a written complaint to the Inspector of Police near to your locality. You can also file Domestic Violence case against your husband, for more information please call on my mobile numbers.

342 votes

Heloo Mam
You can do everything against your and also can take legal action against him. You can field FIR Against him any time. If police officer is not taking any report from you then you can go direct in court at jmfc level or Women's protection officer at your place..

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles