Legal action against husband for domestic violence & asking money

My friend has given notice through lawyer to her husband. But her husband comes daily to her house & drinks & beats her. He ask for money what he spent on them. Its about 14 yrs she is married. Its love marriage. What action can be taken against her husband

Answers (5)

she can file complaint under section 498(A) of Criminal procedure code and also file application under domestic violence act before chief judicial magistratre she can ask for protection and maintenance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello Dear Client, i will suggest you for your query that you tell your friend to file the case against her husband in the nearest jurisdiction and for further need call me on my number or you can mail me.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

You have to file a FIR against her husband and also file divorce case against her husband and also file a maintenance application along with divorce under section 125 crpc .1st you have to file 1 report in local police station.

Initially u can just file an FIR at the nearest police station and parallely your case is already filed in court as you have already mentioned that a notice is already send to your husband legally.Most probably case will come on board and you can contest strongly against this domestic violence case .

firstly what notice have your friend has send to her husband and if her husband comes to her place and beats her then what step your friend has taken regarding the same also u can go for Domestic Violence against her husband and file a case rest steps to be told by us to you when you contact or ready to proceed further

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I was in a friend with benefits arrangement with a Divorcee. I am unmarried, and she is 5 years older to me, both Hindu. I made it very clear tha…

Read More

 I have faced a critical situation when I was playing holi. some persons 3 or 4 whom I don't know well, abused and attacked on me because the…

Read More

Invested in Real Estate Project 5 yrs back, project didn't started and waived off. Builder now denying to pay our dues back. Case is filed in High…

Read More

I am a woman(23), working in an IT company since 2015, living with my mother(52) in Bhubaneswar. My father (60), a recently retired bank employee live…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue