Kidnapping case falsely imposed over my relative for helping him

One of my relative had a fight with a press reporter as he was a bit injured they took him to hospital. After reaching there, they returned his phone and he called police. He reported a case of kidnapping against my relative, which is nt viable as they just took him to the hospital only.

Answers (2)

57 votes

My friend this case falls under the general exception of crime under the Indian Penal Code. The accused that is your relative had only best interests of the victim. Anything done for the benefit of other person is no crime. Please read section 81 of IPC.However your relative can be charged under section 351 that is affray. Please refer to an attorney with complete case details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

226 votes

You should file a petition to quash the FIR and continue the case proceedings in the trial court and if you need any help or advice you can contact me in the given contact no. Below which is tagged in my profile.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles