I was molested and sexually harassed without my consent

14-Apr-2024 (In Criminal Law)
Back in 2021 2 boys sexually harassed me. One in October 27th and the other in December 21st. I clearly told them NO for a physical relationship still they ignored me and molested and groped me. I want to file a police compliant but i fear it's too late and I am scared of what might happen to me. I am a young girl and I don't want to deal with legal stuff but I really need support. One of the guys who molested me went back to UK.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
658 votes
Dear Madam,

If you keep silent they may think it is your weakness and again try to do the same thing. Delay is not the reason and it can be understood and condoned by the Police if you can explain the situation under which you was prevented from lodging a complaint with Police. If you think you have no harm from those two guys in future then you may avoid lodging complaint.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
507 votes
Hi, i have gone through the details you have posted, yes you can still file a police complaint and register an FIR, there is delay however the delay can be explained by giving a proper explanation and get the investigation started.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."