FIR filed against primary lender for kidnapping

Is there any offence when, A, (not in the business of moneylending) lends money to B(friend) but B further lends such borrowed money to C, somehow C goes missing and family of C files a FIR in the name of A accusing him for the kidnapping of C ? if yes, what are the remedies for A?

Answers (4)

226 votes

first and foremost "A" is required to apply for Anticipatory Bail. If the FIR has been lodged in the State of Uttar Pradesh, then "A" will have to directly approach the Hon'ble High Court under Article 226 of the Constitution or under Section 482 of Cr.P.C. further comments could be made only after looking at the contents of the FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

103 votes

If family is allegeing that A kidnapped C then certainly first information report can be lodged against c, if first information report is lodged then A may file writ for quashing of first information report and for staying the arrest of C before Hon'ble High Court.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
141 votes

No the act of kidnapping if not has been done by A. Merely lending money is no offence in the eyes of law and if only on the basis of doubt,an FIR is lodged, the person A would be able to challenge the FIR by means of a writ petition before High Court.

51 votes

The accused can file a writ in the High Court for quashing of the fir and a prayer for stay of arrest. You will have to file all the papers pertaining to the matter whereby you can prove that the fault is not at your end and you have been falsely implicated.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles