Filed a complaint regarding robbery at my home and now received notice

I had filed a complaint in 2015 regarding robbery at my home and have received a notice from court to be present there . Can you explain why and what can be the cause.

Answers (5)

65 votes

Have you filed the complaint at police Station? you received notice from Court? That means on basis oy your complaint an FIR is registered. Police forwarded the investigation report to the Court. The Hon'ble Court record your statement and further legal process will be on line.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

117 votes

Court has issued a notice for your appearance either for evidence in your complaint case. And the court on the date along with your I’d proof and summon and if anything has been recovered from the accused the same will be released to your after due process.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
331 votes

In case you stooped appearing or your lawyer stooped appearing in that case court issue a notice to the party as well as to the counsel to appear before the court and take initative action to contnue with the case . It justfor appearance

217 votes

Court wants to hear the incident from you. I need to see the notice of you have received. Your matter needs detailed discussion.


337 votes

Dear Querist, as explained you had filed a criminal complaint for robbery at your place. The Court secures the presence of the complaint and the accused for the judicial proceedings. Since you have not mentioned what has been the fate of your case so far, it is better to have a discussion of the same.
Thanks & Regards.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles