False case of bribe has been filed against me,what should I do legally

Based on the complaint of mr x i was booked under sec 7 of poc act 1988 for demanding bribe from mr x on the basis of the audio rec.The complaint was lodged on 8-2-17, more than 50 days of my retirement from the govt service and i have not accepted any bribe from the complainant, and no work of him was pending with me. I want to know weather i will be tried in the court of law or they will file the B report--want your legal opinion

Answers (3)

74 votes

Hello Sir, please know that once a case is registered for the offence punishable under the Prevention of Corruption Act, usually charge sheet would be filed. If it is found to without materials, may also filed B report. The circumstances you narrated are the grounds for seeking acquittal in the case. Whether the audio conversation is incriminating is the point, which determines the filing of report.
Your query details are insufficient to give definite opinion. Personal audience enables to give correct opinion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

173 votes

As you know even in cases where sting operations are made - tried by TV and newspaper people the cases were booked. But if complainant`s no work was pending with you and if there was no mention of any such work even in the audio, they they may file a B report. You can contact advocate only if a FIR is registered against you.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
263 votes

Sir in this case it is first necessary to get anticipatory bail and then think of approaching the high court for quashing the complaint and FIR, further if the FIR and complaint are quashed no problem, and further if the police file B report it is better if not then you have to face the trail. So first get bail there after you can take other steps.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles