Domestic violence against the brother stealing household items

Wife give petition of 498a and further her brother come to my home and took some house hold items with out my knowledge .and they are not responding phone . now they are mc filed a domestic violence . in this situation can i file a domestic violence against wife brother? or wife father? or wife ?

No . your views will not stand . There is recent decisions of supreme court regarding section 498 A. Henec you need to consult with a lawyer with the entire details to take your case forward, without analyzing the actual facts i may not be able to give a proper remedy

In this case, you can file a criminal case against your brother in law for theft, narrating all the things in regard to it. However, you need to keep in mind one that that, if you go on with such a complaint, the said matrimonial relationship will be broken for ever, without leaving a chance for settlement talk and mediation in and outside the court.

Regards,

Sheejish
Advocate,
Ernakulam.

If police is not taking ur complaint ,then file a private complaint before concerned magistrate court alleging theft, threatening to kill, entering ur premises with out ur permission, trying to commit physical assult etc.