Domestic violence against the brother stealing household items

Wife give petition of 498a and further her brother come to my home and took some house hold items with out my knowledge .and they are not responding phone . now they are mc filed a domestic violence . in this situation can i file a domestic violence against wife brother? or wife father? or wife ?

Answers (3)

No . your views will not stand . There is recent decisions of supreme court regarding section 498 A. Henec you need to consult with a lawyer with the entire details to take your case forward, without analyzing the actual facts i may not be able to give a proper remedy

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


In this case, you can file a criminal case against your brother in law for theft, narrating all the things in regard to it. However, you need to keep in mind one that that, if you go on with such a complaint, the said matrimonial relationship will be broken for ever, without leaving a chance for settlement talk and mediation in and outside the court.



Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

If police is not taking ur complaint ,then file a private complaint before concerned magistrate court alleging theft, threatening to kill, entering ur premises with out ur permission, trying to commit physical assult etc.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi Team, My file and I lived in Jaipur,Rajsthan and my parents live in Ajmer, Rajsthan. My Wife belong from Lucknow, UP. She has filled the false case…

Read More

Hello, My self . My wife filled a case against me under IPC 498A in the year 2013. My mother and sister name is also included with this. Now from dec …

Read More

my frnd gt criminal case undr sectn 498A,406,506(1)ipc,he flew to abraod without attending the court,he gt 3 summon through court,bt police didnt issu…

Read More

My wife filed a 498 and 507 323 like this against my family and on me. But i have the audio evidence how she and her family member planning to trap us…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue