Clarification regarding withdrawn of allegation.

If I want to withdraw allegation from some of the offenders in a case, would it amount to withdrawl of the whole of the prosecution. In that can I proceed the prosecution and remaining offenders be sued. If I compound with some of the offenders in a prosecution , can the prosecution be proceeded

Answers (4)

318 votes

MY OPINION THAT you should have proceed according to the situation of the legal status & you have every right to withdrawal the part of the prosecution and you have to follow the others, as the situation being required.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

168 votes

First to see whether the Section is Compoundable or Not. and Then the question of Compound will come. Generally when we make a Compromise Petition then gravity of the Case or Marit of the Case already lose its track. Therefore, in such a situation, the Accused will acquitted.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
307 votes

First you tell me in which Forum you lodged your complaint? If, it is a police case then tell me the present state/status of the case. Whether the investigation of the case is continuing or, police has already submitted Charge-Sheet of the case? Answers are different in different situation. Without vivid details it can not be concluded.

322 votes

Some of it cannot be withdrawn entirity needs to be withdrawn and fresh application needed to made against the ones u want to keep but upon permission taken from court and discretion of the judge . You are requested to consult a lawyer for the same with facts elaborated in full.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles