Clarification regarding alleged fraud of RWA Funds

Someone I know is the president of the RWA of his condominium. A group of residents have filed an FIR alleging misappropriation of funds (3-4 Lacs). This person claims that as soon as he detected the fraud he fired the clerk involved and made the clerk's employer return the defrauded amount. The police is proceeding with a chargesheet under Sec 406 (not yet filed with the court). What is the best way out of this? Should this person try to compound this case by arriving at a compromise with the complainant? Should he try to get the IO changed? Or should he go through the trial?

Answers (1)

104 votes

You can file a writ petition before the high court concerned for quashing of the FIR. If the FIR is in Uttar Pradesh, court usually grants an order of stay of arrest. Or get an anticipatory bail.
Once you get such an order, you can approach the IO and provide him your version.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles