Assault by beating by a colleague what action can I take

Hi sir, I went to office trip to uttrakhand mountains from delhi with my 9 colleagues, while comming back we stop our tempo traveller on a Highway NH-58 where i had a verbal argue with one of my colleague.. he got angry and threw a 1 liter chiled water bottle on my face nd got physical with me, i felt down immediately after that bottle strikes my face and i had swelling over my face on right eye side. i pressed my eye with ice for like 2 hours but still were not able to open my eye properly.I abused him that moment but didn't get physical with him because i didn't want to take law in my hand

You can file a suit for damages under law of torts. You can also get a criminal case registered against your colleague for using criminal force. Other sections under which a criminal case can be registered can be suggested only after ascertaining additional facts

Have you lodged any complaint against him?
If you really want to teach him a lesson, you can approach the nearest police station to lodge a complaint against him. Once the FIR is lodged , it is his headache to quash the FIR or face a trial. Police may ask you to why did you not call the PCR at that very moment? For this you can say that you are not conscious enough to call the PCR. Now your colleague is also threatening you so you approached the police . Revert me. All the best.

You can file a criminal complaint against your colleague.

.