Assault by beating by a colleague what action can I take

Hi sir, I went to office trip to uttrakhand mountains from delhi with my 9 colleagues, while comming back we stop our tempo traveller on a Highway NH-58 where i had a verbal argue with one of my colleague.. he got angry and threw a 1 liter chiled water bottle on my face nd got physical with me, i felt down immediately after that bottle strikes my face and i had swelling over my face on right eye side. i pressed my eye with ice for like 2 hours but still were not able to open my eye properly.I abused him that moment but didn't get physical with him because i didn't want to take law in my hand

Answers (3)

68 votes

You can file a suit for damages under law of torts. You can also get a criminal case registered against your colleague for using criminal force. Other sections under which a criminal case can be registered can be suggested only after ascertaining additional facts

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

166 votes

Have you lodged any complaint against him?
If you really want to teach him a lesson, you can approach the nearest police station to lodge a complaint against him. Once the FIR is lodged , it is his headache to quash the FIR or face a trial. Police may ask you to why did you not call the PCR at that very moment? For this you can say that you are not conscious enough to call the PCR. Now your colleague is also threatening you so you approached the police . Revert me. All the best.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
200 votes

You can file a criminal complaint against your colleague.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles