What to do if company is making me sign a bond of 3 years

I got selected in a pharma company. However the company has an employee contract of 3 years and if the employee fails to complete 3 years he or she has to pay 15 lakhs to the company. I really want to join the company but i am hesitant because of the huge sum.Also is this a way to maintain pressure on the employee so that they don't leave before 3 years or can companies make one sided contract.I would be really grateful if u can help me in this.

Answers (2)

345 votes

These days it is quiet common for Companies to ask employees to sign a bond with them.
The practice is questionable if the terms on Bond are unreasonable.
If, the Company is asking you to sign bond on unreasonable terms, the enforcement of Bond can be questioned in Court of law.
Generally, Companies' do not pursue litigation/ arbitration to protect corporate image.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

These bonds are not essentially binding under any law in India. So even if you sign the Bond, it wont be enforceable against you. This is also subject to the training period and the actual time that you have spent in the job. For further consultation, you can always contact me.

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles