What can be done if an investor does not invest his share in a company

In my start up, there is one investor who is not investing to participating in running company's affairs, as he is employed somewhere else. His share is 45% of the paid up capital (100,000) and company has loan of 29L (27 from me and 2 from him). However he is not willing to sell his share. Can I, as a creditor, ask him to repay 45% share of the loan to me or else wind up company so that he agrees to sell his share and walk out

Answers (1)

159 votes

To give you better output on the captioned matter for solving the problem we have to go through the memorandum of association and article of association. What are the procedures given therein as of now without much input I doubt you even can windup the company.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles