Validity of employment contract in regard to registered office

I have signed an Employment contract with the company which is working in residential area and have a registered office at commercial area, and office address mentioned in the contract is of registered office,,,,obviously it would be.....but will the contract be considered void as i am working in the office which is made at their home place....its an KPO.

Answers (3)

90 votes

If we are simply taking it, it should not be a problem because the place they have registered their office, they are true as per the employment contract. But if the place of work is given different in employment contract, then it can be void. So everything depends on the contents of contract.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

194 votes

It will be important to read the terms and conditions of the actual Contract before providing any legal advise. The nature / structure of the Company (Public / private / proprietorship / partnership) and the scope of employment as provided for in the Contract need to be looked into specifically. As a general principle however, a registered Company will not be able to shy away from its responsibilities / obligations under a contract based only on difference in addresses provided in a Contract.

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
122 votes

No your contract is not void if the there is no illegality in forming of that company it doesn't matter if they are running their company from residential area,only it may cancel their legality but you will be treated as company employee.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles